When it comes to the subject of sports betting, there is no shortage of sports to choose from. What has also become popular in this form of entertainment is the ability to place bets on women’s sports.
Popular Women in Sports
One of the factors that have driven up the interest in betting on women’s sports is the popularity of the female athletes themselves who have contributed so much to their sports.
Popular Women’s Sports
The following are just a few types of sports that have become very popular with its women’s athletes. Many are now available for sports betting.
- Association Football: This is a professional soccer league that first came into being in 2007.
- Baseball: Women became more prominent in baseball when there was a shortage of male athletes during World War II.
- Basketball: This is a sport that is popular among women.
- Golf: This is not just a man’s sport. The LPGA came about in 1950, and it has earned the title of being the longest lasting professional sports association for women.
- Tennis: Perhaps the women’s sport that garners the most attention when it comes to sports betting is the game of tennis. There are sports events like the Women’s US Open and Wimbledon.
Why is Women’s Sports Betting Growing in Popularity?
There are a few reasons why women in professional sports are drawing the attention of punters. One is because there are many women athletes who have shown they are right on par with their male counterparts. They can create as much excitement in their chosen sport as the men do. Punters like the excitement that the women athletes can create by the exhibition of their skills.
There are several different opportunities with online sports betting that allows punters to place their bets on the women athletes. There is every indication that the popularity in women’s sports and betting will continue to grow.